Saturday, May 8, 2010

50mile-- MOAB RELAY


Ok, I don't know what possessed me to want to take up running again, but I have for some strange reason. I think my goal in all this was to lose 10pnds.. Anyways I did my first race when I was abt 24 or 25, so that gives me a good 7yrs of being out of practice.. The Moab Relay is a 50 mile race, with 6 teammates and each girl gets two legs of 4-5 miles (give or take)haha.. I ran 5.2, and 4.8. All the girls on the team did Awesome!!! Anyone that runs, is amazing!! It's hard to run up a freakin mountain.. I did this in preparation for the Logan to Park City Race I'm doing in June aka Ragnar. That one has 12 girls and you run 100 miles. I barfed after my second run, but it was so worth the brag rights.. Take a look at the team!!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Congrats Vanessa!! So proud of you! As moms..we can do anything..dont you feel stronger? Love you!

Blonde African Americans said...

Good job Vanessa - Raph

Life As A Melchior said...

Great job Ness, you rock! I will never forget how you kept me going on that run by your old place. Now I have taken up running, I did the SL half, and will do the Top of Utah half come August. Next year,a FULL!